Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Fr. Robinson Training Center

Jon sent me a picture last night of leaving Ft Robinson, NE after a 4 week training session in late 1958. It was for 24 of us from the Region that had the potential to do many of  the jobs done by engineers (and get us a GS-6 level rating). I was unable to identify any of the fellows on that picture since they were from other states. Here is a picture taken during the course of the session of a poker game going on in the basement of Camachie Hall after hours. Merle Yelkin is the one across the table with his hands showing.  He was from NE and my buddy. The older fellow at the left corner is the State Conservationist from South Dakota that came down to speak to us. Most of the instruction came from the Lincoln Regional Office Engineering staff. I got good reports on the course which helped lead  to my professional advancement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment