Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Video Camera

We bought a Sony Video Camera recorder at Best Buy back in May of 1996. It utilized a cassette film cartridge that enabled 2 hours of filming. Connections were readily available for playing the film back on a TV screen. We have not filmed anything with the camera for the past several years, but I decided to list and organize what we have recorded. We got some excellent pictures on a European 10 Country tour that we took in '97. And, of our 50th Wedding Anniversary Reception but  have only filled 16 cassettes. A couple years ago I bought a conversion kit that supposedly would enable me to edit and convert the material to a DVD on my PC. I ran into problems with it and after some problems with the computer, put it on the shelf. I have  pulled it back out and am planning to give it another try. My first step is to get my tapes in order and then I'll see what happens. This afternoon Elaine pulled the Picture Albums she put together on our 10 Country Tour, and I must admit they are a more practical way of preserving memories than the "moving picture" version. We do have some very nice pictures of Carolyn's little dog "Jack" doing his tricks. It shouldn't take too much knowledge to conclude that it's best to take "moving pictures" of objects in motion and "still" pictures of things that are not moving. But, "We grow so soon old, and so late smart"

No comments:

Post a Comment