Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Big Smiles

What a Happy Time. The boys had a little sister and we had our "little girl". I hope the people who see the "Elaine Album" that I assembling will get as much pleasure from it as I am in putting it together.  Carolyn was born in August and Elaine had her 23rd birthday in September. We were very fortunate in being close to Elaine's parents as well as mine, which helped us in more ways than I can remember. My salary as a GS-5 would be laughed at today, but we both did some "extra" work that helped. Elaine not only did a great job with the kids but also with the cooking, washing, ironing, and in managing our checkbook (which she still does). I probably helped her put up the Christmas tree. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm always amazed at how young Mom was--I don't know how she managed us all!

    ReplyDelete