Sunday, July 19, 2020

Owens Family & Carolyn

John, Julie, Sadie and Jack stopped by this afternoon. They were all outfitted with their mask as they came into our unit. The kids were really pleased to be here. Jack has such a great memory and wanted me to tell the story of being caught in a tornado over in Ankney. I assume he had heard Julie say something about it and wanted to hear the story "from the Horses Mouth". I related as well as possible but had to check later to see that it was on March 13, 1990 and hit our unit in Ankney at 8:40pm.  Elaine had stayed in Seward so I was all alone. I was able to spend the night there despite one of the bedroom windows being blown in. I may have to do a full blog page on it sometime.
Carolyn was here this morning and got my new cell phone set up to ring instead of just vibrate. She showed me how the two little buttons on the left edge of the phone work and how to use "settings" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment