Friday, August 1, 2014

Seward Kiwanis Club Golf Outing

The Kiwanis Golf outing was held this evening at the Seward Country Club. Dennis Kahl and I joined Leroy Dinslage and his son Scott in the 4 person scramble. The Seward Lumber and Kirby Roth signs are for being hole sponsors. Scott is a very good golfer and hits the ball a long way. Though I was able to hit from the yellows (age), we didn't use my drives. My contribution came in putting. We had about a 6' putt on our first hole (#4)and I volunteered to go first to give them a line, and made the putt. On our next hole I chipped within 2" of the cup from about 15 yards off the green. 
During the course of the next 7 holes, I made the putt on 4 of them, one for a birdie from about 16'. This was my first golf of the season and I thought it may be my last but after putting as well as I ever have, may not quite be ready to "throw in the towel". It was a beautiful evening, and I enjoyed the companionship. Dennis and I had a chance to catch up on family matters since we each have a son working for the USDA/NRCS. After golfing we had a good meal in a picnic setting outside the club house. It was an opportunity to visit with many old friends and even some young ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment