Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Son Tim's Birthday

This is my 5-year Daily Diary opened to the March 4 date of son Timothy James's birth. It is the lowest of the 5 year entries and is as follows: "Took Elaine to the Hospital at 5:00am. At 7:53 we had an 8 lb. 13 oz. baby boy. Very cold. I tried to take Verlon out to Flowerday's but the road was blocked so took him out to my folks. Visited Elaine and told her about Timmy. With her from 1-3:00pm and 7 - 8:30. I stayed overnight at my folks." What I didn't write was that when I went out to get the car warmed up, it wouldn't start. I took a kettle of hot water out and sat it on the engine and a few minutes later it started. Meanwhile, I gave thought to loading her on our sled and pulling her up the hill on  the snow covered streets to the hospital. There might have been a prayer or two that also helped to get the old Chevy running and Elaine to the hospital in time. Verlon was about 18 1/2 months old when Timmy was born. He stayed out at my folks for several days. When we brought Elaine and Timmy  home on the 10th, he said "How-do-do" to Tim. The Seward HS basketball boys went to the State Tournament a few days later and as I watched them play, I wondered if just maybe in about 16 years there might be a couple brothers on the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment