Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Computer help

I checked the mail on my laptop after breakfast this morning and had a message which I took out to the kitchen for Elaine to read. For some reason, the machine just "froze" and I couldn't get the arrow to move or any other response. I couldn't even get any reaction when I pushed the "start" button. I went to coffee, talked to a couple fellows there that are computer savvy and eventually one of my coffee drinking buddies suggested I just call the people where I bought the machine and have  it serviced. I did so when I got home and immediately got the guidance to hold the "start" button down for a few seconds and that would shut it off. I was told to let it set for a few minutes and then bring it back up. This I did, and everything seems to be back to normal. Just another example of being able to solve a problem quite quickly if you just talk to the right people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment